The Golf Laser Rangefinder VPRO500 from TecTecTec has gained a reputation as a quality budget rangefinder with many positive reviews. The company is a relatively new name in the rangefinder world but is gaining inroads. The VPRO500 laser range finder has a targeting mode technology called Pinsensor. It is used for finding the pins from the background. With 6x magnification, the VPRO500 has a realistic 400-yard range. At this low price it really is an affordable and effective golfing rangefinder. It is a top seller on Amazon with over 2000 customer reviews. We have added it to our top ten rangefinders.
The VPRO500 rival Bushnell V3 competitor on paper has similar if not better specifications for magnification, comparable range and accuracy. However, there have been a few more defect reports on the V3. The VPRO500 is a sturdy weather proof design. But gets the job done and is a great entry level rangefinder for golfers. Top that with the 2-year warranty offered by TecTecTec you’ll be covered.
- The LCD display is uncluttered and easy read.
- Three mode settings: normal, scan and pin
- It displays distance, battery meter, and also scan or pin depending on mode settings.
- It also provides fast and convenient operation!
- Measuring from 5 up to 450 yards
- employs “Pinseeking Tech” pin targeting mode
- 6x Magnification
- Multi Coated Optics
- Objective lens 24mm
- adjustable eyepiece for focusing
- It incorporates (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output)
- Carrying pouch and also a lanyard
- Also provided, a free CR2 3-volt battery, strap, microfiber cleaning cloth and quick start guide!
- 2 Year Warranty & TecTecTec Happy Customer Guarantee!
- Measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g ( 4.2 x 3 x 1.5 “, 7 oz)
- Water and dust resistant, durable body
- Tournament Legal (no slope)
- Accurate to 1 yard
Pin Mode Targeting
All golf rangefinders employ a first target priority mode to get the most accurate distance to the target. Ignoring background distracting objects like trees, mounds, or anything in the distance.
In Pin Mode the laser is in first target priority mode, it will search for the nearest target. In golf, that is usually the nearest distance to the flagstick. You can think of Pin mode is an enhanced form of first target priority. The display is enhanced to show the reticle enclosed by a bright circle which contains the target while outside the circle the background is dimmed.
Normal And Scan Modes
In normal mode, the range finder reads distance to the target in meters or yards depending on how you set it up. In scan mode, the VPRO500 continuously provides range readings for up to 10 seconds. The golf rangefinder also has an adjustable eyepiece for easy focus and offers enough eye relief. The display has a battery saving time out of 30-second if not in use.
+/- 1 Yard Accuracy, Up to 540 Yard Measurement, Water and Dust Resistant Body
The VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder is water and dust resistant with a durable body. The rangefinder measures from 5 up to 540 yards to within +/- 1 yard. Apart from the pin mode, the other targeting modes help you find the right distance to trees or other hazards. The multilayered optics help to get a clear crisp view. The laser rangefinder has diopter adjustment to focus a clear view. It measures distances quickly helping you to speed up your game.
The VPRO500 is a light and compact rangefinder with a 6x magnification. It has a decent pin sensor and good hard case. The 24mm objective lens is large and the coated optics help to provide a clear view to your target. The Pinsensor feature isn’t perfect but does help you find your target pin from background distractions and of course is more accurate than using a GPS or guessing.
The VPRO500 has three different targeting modes that are suitable for most situations. The Pinsensor mode lets you accurately measure overlapping targets and is perfect for measuring the distance to pin location and wooded areas! Its measurement locking function will give you even greater confidence!
VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder – Pros
- 6x Magnification (most rangefinders are 5x)
- measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode,
- advanced Pinsensor targeting mode for overlapping subjects, perfect for gol measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas
- measurement units (Yards or Meters).
- durable, water resistant body
- Customer service/support
- provides fast measurement with 1-yard accuracy
- clear, multilayered optics with big objective lens
- (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output)
- package includes a premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide,
- TecTecTec Happy Guarantee (2 Years) and Lifetime customer support.
VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder – Cons
- The golf VPRO500 rangefinder is not as accurate as some Bushnell and Leupold models (but more expensive)
- Newer company, short track record
- Long-term durability unclear
The VPRO500 golf laser rangefinder is small enough to fit in your pocket between shots and the water resistance means it’s okay to use in the wet. The VPRO500 includes a carrying pouch, micro cleaning cloth and a quick start operation manual. It is a top seller on Amazon with over 2000 customer reviews. So many contented customers there! We added it to our top ten rangefinders under $200. Is this golf laser rangefinder worth buying? Well, there is competition but not so many cheap golf rangefinders offer so much at this price point.